*Review* Hearts on Fire The Story of Vlad the Impaler and the Women He Loved: The Passion of the Dragon Saga, #1 • Rayna Kingston & Helena Lancaste

☆.•°*°•.☆Hearts on Fire The Story of Vlad the Impaler and the Women He Loved: The Passion of the Dragon Saga, #1 • Rayna Kingston & Helena Lancaster☆.•°*°•.☆

#MyReview #ReadReviewRepeat 

I haven't read a book from this era in a very long time but I'm always for giving a book a try. I wasn't sure what to expect but by the end I enjoyed the book. It has a good plot with twists and turns. I'd definitely like to read the second to find out what happens next with the sisters. The heartbreak, love and passion that comes out in this book is well written. 

☆.•°*°•.☆☆.•°*°•.☆☆.•°*°•.☆

The story is set in 1449 and we met twin sisters Erdenia and Erzsébet. They both fall in love with Vlad Drakul, Prince of Wallachia; who is looking for a wife. The prince gets to know both sisters while visiting and get to know Erzsébet just a little bit better then he should of in this era. 

The father of the twins gives his daughter Erzsébet to the prince; once they are married Erzsébet lives to live with Vlad in his castle. After several months the sister Erdenia comes to take care of Erzsébet due to her health not being well. 

"I was gaining love, a husband, and soon a child but losing the one constant I had always had, my sister."

☆.•°*°•.☆☆.•°*°•.☆☆.•°*°•.☆

Now there are several twists going on in this story; first is that both sisters are in love with Vlad and Vlad is in love with the sisters. Reading the battle of feelings that Erdenia has to deal with every day for Vlad made may heart hurt for her. She deserved to be happy and instead she couldn't let her feelings go for the prince. 

I won't give away what happens in the book because everyone deserves to read it for their own and experience the way the writers explained what happened. My only critique is that I didn't care for the repeated conversations in the story when it was switching back and forth between sisters. Other then that it was a good book and I look forward to the next book in the saga. 

Comments

Popular Posts