Release Day Blitz ~ Shush I'm Reading by Dawn A Keane


Title: Shush I’m Reading
Author: Dawn A Keane
Release Date: September 20th, 2017
Genre: New adult romance/ Fantasy romance




Dealing with a neurotic, overbearing mother, an uninvited cat and staring at double D's all day, it's no wonder 24-year-old Billie Angel finds herself lost in a fantasy world more often than not. 

With her not so smart phone glued firmly to her hip, Billie’s life revolves around her reading apps. Chided for having her face stuck in her screen for more hours than she cares to count, Billie soon discovers that not all fantasies are in her head.

Enamored by the charismatic Hunter Williams, Billie finds herself unmistakably living the dream like something from the pages of a book. Not knowing her up from her down, Billie walks the tightrope that is the fine line between fiction and fact.

What happens when Billie finally wakes up and finds herself firmly on solid ground? Is Hunter really the man fantasies are made of, or the reality of something more?

A metaphysical romantic fantasy that will have readers rooting for Billie, a fellow bookworm!




In a sea of book boyfriends Dawn brings us our long lost book girlfriend. ~ Ursula-Nicole, Amazon Review

You almost get a book within a book with this and the twists and turns had me wondering what was going to happen next. ~ Lynne Garlick, Amazon Review


Prologue

MY EYES WIDEN. Pressing my hand against my chest, I stare, taking in my surroundings. The huge old library in my hometown has always fascinated me. Reaching out my other hand, I touch the books on the shelves, running my fingertips along their spines. Hundreds, upon hundreds, of books that have probably been read hundreds, upon hundreds, of times. Changing so many people’s lives within a few hours or days of being read. So many different stories between those pages. 

I gaze at the multitude of fantasies in utter awe.

My fingers trace their way down over the letters of the title on the paperback I’ve picked up. I don’t want to go home yet. I don’t want to hang around on the streets with my school friends. I want to run away, escape, forget about being a teenager, and forget my mum-who cares more about where her next drink is coming from than she does about me.

I need to get out of my head for a while, and this is the only way I know how.

When my dad read to me when I was small, I would get lost in the words, in the story. My imagination would take me away to another world and follow me into my dreams. 

And that’s why I’m here now-this is what I need, and this is where I belong. There is where I want to stay, and I do. I spend my days with my nose stuck in a book. 

I was brought up in Manchester and I am now living in the beautiful Scottish borders with my three children. 

I have enjoyed writing my story as I had a pretty hard upbringing and have suffered like everyone does over the years in different situations, but everyone has a story to tell.

I just hope my story can help someone out there who is, or has been through the same sort of situations as myself. 





Comments

Popular Posts